Friday, January 17, 2014

A Thankful Heart

I read my devotional at different times of the day, depending on what the day unfolds.  But God works in mysterious ways, and oftentimes, when I read the day's devotional, I feel like I couldn't have read it at the most perfect time.

Today's devotional is about going to God with a thankful heart.  To rejoice in today, refusing to worry about tomorrow.  Anticipate abundant blessings and accept difficulties as they come.  Go to Him with ALL your needs, knowing that His glorious riches are more than an adequate supply.  Stay in continual communication with Him so that you can live above your circumstances, even while you are in the midst of them.  Present all your requests to Him with thanksgiving, and he will provide you with His peace, which surpasses all understanding.
Psalm 118:24; Philippians 4:19, 6-7

I have a hard time accepting difficulties.  God has shown me, through several circumstances, that He does work things for our good, even tough times.  However, when you are going through those tough times, you wonder how in the world can God turn this into good. But He reminds me to have a thankful heart.  To always go to Him with thanksgiving because no matter how bad I have it, I have much more to be thankful for.  I am not to overlook my blessings from God.  Nobody said the grass is greener on the other side.  Nobody said that once I give my life to the Lord, that I will have it all.  I feel like my circumstances have become more frequent as a Christian.  But I must depend on the Lord, and have daily communion with Him, so that I can live above those circumstances.  I would rather go through these times with Him, than without.

In other news, I am going out for Mexican, and then coffee and dessert afterwards with some friends tonight, and I have already planned out what I am going to have.  That way, I do not order by the aroma lingering through the restaurant.  I can get in BIG trouble for doing that!  Play it smart, or don't play at all ;)

No comments: