Tuesday, January 28, 2014

P.S.

I have mentioned in a previous post that I am a planner.  I had a plan for my kids and I today.  After getting Alexa from the bus stop, I planned on bundling them up and taking them outside to play in the fresh snow that was falling.  While waiting for Alexa, my husband calls to inform me that he ran out of fuel in Cumming.  He needed me to grab the gas cans from the shed, fill them up with diesel fuel, and rescue him.  There goes my plans right out the window.  So here I am, spontaneously filling gas cans with fuel and driving to my husband's aid.  When I operate without a plan, I become very irritated and frustrated.  I almost had a meltdown because I could not get the gas cans open!  Now I see why children have tantrums!

The reason for this addition to today's devotional post is because God was with me, staying faithful to His promise.  The roads in my area were not that bad.  However, the closer I got to Cumming, the slicker the roads became.  On my drive back home, I was asking God to protect us and bring us home safely.  Not only was I irritated and frustrated, but I was also hungry.  Not only did I want to eat because I was hungry, but also because I find comfort in food.  I just wanted to drive to the nearest fast food restaurant, and order myself a big fat juicy burger with a side of greasy fries to erase the frustration away.  But God reminds me to not go back to those bad habits. That's what got me here in the first place!  As I learned in the Gideon study; I am a changed person.  I have no business going where I used to go (metaphorically speaking).  So I went straight home, ate some tuna fish, and then I was in the right frame of mind to make myself a healthy dinner.  Praise be to God that He brought us home safely, and that He allowed me to put my comfort in Him and not in food.

I also want to say that God was with my husband as well.  He had an early start to his day.  If he had decided to sleep in, he would be stuck in this mess that is going on all over the Atlanta area; people trying to get home, being stuck in traffic for hours, etc... It's just crazy out there!  Praise be to God that he knows my husband's patience, or lack thereof, and he is home with us and not out there. 

No comments: