Saturday, January 25, 2014

A Different Perspective

Today has been a busy day filled with a birthday party, a lunch date and dinner with friends.  We arrived home a little before 8, put the kids to bed and then I got ready for bed.  All I want to do right now is curl up next to my husband and just drift away to la la land.  However, I made a commitment to spend daily time with the Lord and blog about anything He is putting in my heart.  So I grabbed my devotional, and my laptop, and sat on the bed.  I told myself after this blog post, I am going straight to bed.  But here is what the Lord says to me through today's devotional.

Sit still in the light of His presence.  These quiet moments with Him transcend time, accomplishing far more than we can imagine.  Bring Him the sacrifice of our time, and watch how abundantly He blesses us and our loved ones.  Through the intimacy of our relationship, we are being transformed from the inside out.  He forms us into the one He desires us to be.  Do not resist nor try to speed up the process.  Hold His hand in childlike trust, and the way will open up step by step.
Hebrews 13:15; 2 Corinthians 3:18; Psalm 73:23-24

When I lifted my devotional off the kitchen counter, there sat the Gideon study.  For a brief moment I contemplated on starting day 1 of week 4 in the study.  But I thought to myself, I am way too tired for this.  I am just going to do my devotional and go to sleep.  However, these quiet moments do accomplish far more than an extra 30 minutes of sleep.  I have to make sacrifices, just as God made the ultimate sacrifice for me.  He wants to transform me starting from the inside, and I need to let Him.  But the awesome thing about His transformation is that if I do mess up, He will redeem me.  Yesterday was a bad day for me.  It seems like whenever I try to start the day off with God's word, Satan works double time.  Well anyway, I did not have such a great day like I thought I would, since I started my day off with God's word.  I had such a bad attitude towards my husband for no reason whatsoever!  I am not excusing my behavior, but I am human.  I make mistakes, but the good news is, God forgives and redeems.

Today was my weigh-in day.  I am down a pound, and that makes 5 pounds total.  I am not particularly excited about losing only one pound, but I kind of expected it.  I do not have a whole lot to lose, so I knew from the beginning that it was not going to be easy.  However, a loss is a loss.  I have to be grateful for every ounce lost, or else I will be discouraged and give up.  I just have to look forward, and keep on going.

No comments: