Tuesday, January 28, 2014

More Is Less And Less Is More

God is always with us.  Most Christians accept this teaching as truth but ignore it in their daily living.  When His presence is the focal point of our consciousness, all the pieces of our lives fall into place.  The fact that He is with us makes every moment of our lives meaningful.
Matthew 28:20; Psalm 139:1-4

Today's devotional relates to today's Gideon study.  It states in the study that more is not always good.  God strips us of things because sometimes all that "extra" begins to water down the potency of what should matter most in our lives and characters. 

In my life God has stripped me of my job and my family.  I had a promising career and I was very ambitious.  Now there is nothing wrong with having ambition, but my ambitions had priority over everything else in my life.  I was not a Christian at the time, so God was not even at the forefront of my mind.  But with ambition out of the picture, God gave me the time to seek and find Him.  My sister and I are very close.  We do everything together.  I did not need or want anyone else.  But with my sister living several states away, God has forced me to lean on other people.  Now I have the best set of friends a girl can ask for.  They show me what unconditional friendship really means.  God knows what is best for me better than what I think is best.  He will strip me of things, but He will never forsake me.  He is always there, and He is all I need.

No comments: