Thursday, January 16, 2014

Seek and You Shall Find

A couple of nights ago while I was laying in bed, this verse came to me; Matthew 6:33, "But seek first His Kingdom and His righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well."  My one major goal I want to accomplish this year is to seek His Kingdom first, above all else.  Every year I have wanted to lose weight and be healthier, but I do not want that to be my first chase.  My first chase is God, and He will make everything else fall into place.  He reminds me that I can do all things through Him, who strengthens me.

Today's devotional is about resting in God's presence.  That no matter what troubles lie ahead, that we need to relax in His presence.  He will strengthen us to prepare for these times, transforming our fear into confident trust.
Matthew 11:28-30; Joshua 1:5, 9

Today's devotional relates to the Gideon study I did today.  As I mentioned in yesterday's post, I have the tendency to want to fix our problems as quickly and as painlessly as possible.  But as I have learned in today's Gideon study, God either orchestrates or allows every circumstance, but He uses it for our good.  God is more interested in changing our heart, than changing our circumstance.  As I have learned in the past, God does work, even through circumstances where you think He is absent.  I have numerous testimonies where God has used a circumstance to my benefit.  Our relationship with God is all about the heart; about letting God work through us.  It's dying to oneself, not looking inward, but outward and upward to Heaven.  I have heard that the Word is ON our heart, until we allow God to break our heart, to allow His Word IN our heart.  That is what I want to strive for.

In other news, I am very proud of myself.  I declined a lunch invitation after bible study to rush home to do a HIIT workout before rushing back to Church to pick up my son from preschool.  Now THAT'S what I call dedication!!

No comments: