Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Journey of a Lifetime

Like I said last night, 2014 is my year.  My year to finally stop making excuses, and to start living life again.  I am embarking on a journey with God that will change the rest of my life, and I am very anxious and excited about it.  I am excited to see what God has for me, and where this journey will lead me.  I know God has great plans for me, as long as I seek Him daily and keep Him close, which brings me to today's devotional.

Today's devotional is about focusing on God and not on the problems around you.  That if we gaze on our problems, we will sink under the weight of them.  However, if we keep our gaze on the Lord, He will give us peace that transcends all understanding.  If we stay close to Him, He will keep us safe.  Circumstances change, God does not.  Have Him near you daily, and He will help you face today's problems.
Philippians 4:7; Matthew 14:30; Hebrews 12:2

Today's devotional reminds me of the story of Peter in Matthew 14, where God calls him out of the boat and into the water.  When Peter kept his gaze on God, he was not afraid.  However, as soon as he took his focus off of God and onto the waves around him, He became afraid and started to sink.  That is my problem.  When faced with a circumstance, I immediately start getting scared.  I feel like my world has been shaken.  I feel like we need an immediate fix, and the burden is just too much for me to carry alone.  Therefore, I need to give it to God.  Focus on Him, and not on the situation. Keep my gaze on Him, and no matter what life throws at me, God will provide me with the one thing I need to get through it all...PEACE.

In other news, I am on day 3 of calorie counting and exercising.  I feel GREAT and ALIVE!!

No comments: