Thursday, June 30, 2005

A Great Day...Yesterday

Yesterday was a great day! Not only was I not sick ALL DAY, but I was able to keep down every meal. I thought things were looking up for me until today. Now I'm back to bonding with the toilet. So it's official. Our wedding date has changed from September 10th to September 3rd, thanks to my menopausal mother. But I really don't mind...except for the fact that Melanie and Rick (Jeremy's mom and stepdad) got married on that day. I guess it's not a big deal, but it's still creepy that our wedding anniversary will be the same as theirs. But there is nothing that can be done about it now since all the tickets are bought for my family to fly down September 2nd. So there is no turning back...LOL. I am so excited! I am going home July 22nd. I miss my family and friends and I can't wait to see them all again. I'm more excited about sleeping in and not having to go to work. Lately, I can't seem to get up to go to work and I keep coming in later and later. I gotta stop or else I might get fired. But I CANNOT seem to get up and if I try to get up before 8 am, I get so dizzy. School starts next week. It's been such a great past couple of weeks without having to study or attend classes till 10 at night. Usually, we start the new term the following week, but DeVry decided to be generous and give us three weeks off for the summer. I am not looking forward to school when I start getting bigger because DeVry still uses those desks where the seat is connected to the desk and I probably won't fit into them...LOL. Maybe I'll start taking more online classes. Anyway, I'm going to try and eat my salad for lunch. Let's hope I keep it down.

3 comments:

Taylor said...

That's awesome that you got to have one day without feeling sick! Maybe that means there is an end in sight to your sickness. How many weeks are you now?

Glad to hear through this that your wedding date has changed! LOL! Our original "dating" anniversary was on September 2nd. I agree that is sorta creepy that you and Melanie will have the same anniversary! LOL! But that is okay.

I still went to school while I was prego and it was hard for me. I was such a ditz and had pregnancy brain so bad that I did horrible in class. Maybe you will be the opposite and do better! I wish you all of the luck in the world and commend you for still going during your pregnancy :)

Ju said...

I am now 8 weeks! I am worried about whether my pregnancy brain will affect my schoolwork. At first when you told me that being pregnant makes you a ditz, I was skeptical, but now I believe you. The other day I was doing laundry and when I was putting the wet clothes into the dryer, I was thinking "wow, I don't remember washing this many clothes" and I realized that I totally forgot to take out the dried ones..LOL. I've done other things and sometimes Jeremy is like, what is wrong with you...haha. But hopefully, it won't be the same when it comes to school work.

Ju said...

Thanks Gladiator for your encouraging words. I'm glad you think I'm being a great mom already =)

I do try to drink water as often as I can, but when I am not feeling too well, I don't have the stomach to eat or drink anything. They do say that if I get sick, I should drink plenty of water because I am dehydrated. I checked out your website. Awesome pictures of NYC. I grew up in CT and we used to go to NY a lot, so it brings me back.