Monday, June 27, 2005

Scared

Ok I'm scared. I was reading on Week 8 and it says that this week is the most critical and I should be careful of what I eat and drink. But I am just not in the mood to eat ANYTHING. All I had today was a granola bar, a can of pears and some crackers. I went upstairs to the cafe to eat something with a co-worker and seeing her food made me sick. Even thinking about eating real food makes me run to the bathroom. WHAT IS WRONG WITH ME?!?! I know everyone says they go through this stage in the first trimester and I know the baby will get whatever it needs from me, but I just can't help but fear that I am starving my baby. I feel like I'm being a bad parent already. I know I should force something down my throat, but it just comes right back up. Even the smell of ANYTHING makes me sick. Maybe it is because I am CRAVING Korean food. Maybe I'll buy some and see if I can eat it. Maybe my appointment next Thursday will reassure me that everything is fine. I hope so. If anything is wrong, I could never live with myself thinking I starved it to death.

1 comment:

Taylor said...

Calm down girl! You are giving your baby EVERYTHING it needs right now. You are very healthy and that is the best thing that you can do as a Mother. Right now your hormones are crazy so of course it is going to affect your eating habits. Your body is not used to this flood of hormones that it is experiencing. Please do not worry about this, many women loose weight during their first trimester. I did and so did Tash. Just eat what you can and drink lots of water. Fruit, crackers, granola bars - that is all GREAT for baby! Right now the baby isn't taking a lot, when you really need to worry about eating is later on down the road. Just breathe sweetie, you're doing a great job :)