Thursday, June 23, 2005

Malnutritious?

So lately I haven't wanted to eat. Everything makes me sick. The only thing I have been eating the past few days are crackers, peanut butter and jelly sandwiches, and ramen noodles. I still drink my glass of milk a day and take my prenatal vitamin, even though I throw it up five minutes later. I have been addicted to gingerale though. I drink it all the time at work because I'm naseous and they say gingerale tames it (but not for me). I don't know if I am giving enough (or any for that matter) nutrition to my baby. I'm scared I'm scarving it or giving it junk. I feel like I'm being a bad mother already. But I don't know what to do. I don't want to eat. If it wasn't for the intense hunger I feel sometimes or knowing I have to feed a baby, I wouldn't eat at all. What's wrong with me?

3 comments:

Taylor said...

I felt the same way that you do. I swear I ate saltine crackers and drank gingerale for weeks! Just find a couple of things that you can eat without making your stomach upset and stick with those. Don't worry about baby, your body is doing exactly what it needs to be doing and giving baby the nutrition it needs. This is just a phase which will pass soon! Just try to eat frequently and avoid getting hungry. I know you love fruit, can you still eat that? I loved to eat soups when I was pregnant, and cereal!

In no time you'll start scarffing up anything you find around! LOL!

Meghan said...

I found that if I tried to keep a small amount of food in my stomach all day it helped. If I ever went too long without food I'd become nauseas. I was also told to just focus on getting food in my body - not too stress too much if it was terribly healthy or not. Macaroni and cheese was one of my favorite staples - still is!

Kari said...

I know it's crazy I would feel the same way but I read in a pregnancy book too that it doesn't matter how much or how many times you vomit the baby is still getting what it needs from you. I'm sorry your feeling so sick. I've been getting a little more nauseus but I find that if I can get a littl esnack and just get my mind off of it instead of dwelling on it that it usually goes away. Hope you feel better soon!