Monday, June 27, 2005

Wedding Blues

To catch people up to date, my mother wants us to move the wedding date to September 3, 2005 because that is Labor Day weekend and my mother wants to have a three day weekend so that she can have one day to rest before my parents open up shop. It all depended on the photographer so we gave him a call and he couldn't tell us till the end of this month because he had a meeting with a lady on 6/25/05 who wants September 3. Well, he called last night to let us know he has September 3 available. So I called my mom to let her know, but it all depended on my two cousins, who are in the wedding, because they already took the tenth off from work and they are not sure if they can switch it to the third. Well my mom had a freak attack. She said I was being selfish and if I cared more about my two cousins coming instead of her, I can keep it the tenth and she just won't come. She is being such a BITCH! I mean I love her, but she is being so selfish about the whole thing. I mean it's my damn wedding. Jeremy is so fed up with her making it her wedding and stressing me out, especially since I'm pregnant. I mean, my mother and I fight so badly that I'm sure my neighbors can hear me screaming. I just end up hanging up on her, like I did last night. She calls me back and leaves me this nasty message. And what I hate the most is when she says, don't yell because your baby will have the same attitude as you and it's like then stop making me so annoyed. So I just told her that if Linda and Jin (cousins) can't come, then she will just have to refund their bridesmaids dresses. But it's not even about the dresses. If Linda and Jin can't come, then I'm just going to have one bridesmaid while Jeremy has three groomsmen. UGH! I can't believe my mother! I just want to elope and just make her pissed off. She would HATE it if I just went and got married...LOL. Then she offers to buy me a plane ticket home for the Fourth of July. HELL NO! If I'm face to face with her, I can't just hang up on her so NO THANK YOU! I'm not going to go home until she gets whatever she has up her butt out. The only reason I would want to go home right now is because I miss my sister and my friends and I miss Korean food. I mean I can buy some from Farmers Market, but it's not the same as my mom's cooking. She's the BEST at cooking Korean food. That's the only compliment I'll give her right now!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I'm sorry you are having such a difficult time with your Mother. This is your time to bask in the glory of getting married, so don't let her ruin it for YOU! Do what you want to do and oneday she will realize that she made a mistake by acting this way towards you. If that ends up happening that you are short 2 bridesmaids you can always have Alea & I! LOL! I hope your day gets better sweetie, and if you need help with anything let me know!

Sweet T said...

that's why we're going to mexico and i'm only giving my mom 2 weeks notice.