Friday, June 10, 2005

My First Night

So last night was the first night I spent knowing I was pregnant. Therefore, I couldn't sleep in my favorite position, my stomach. So I tossed and turned all night. Being on my back was very uncomfortable and laying on my side was kind of uncomfortable. I have been sleeping on my stomach for 25 years so changing that was really hard. I did not get a wink of sleep. Maybe three hours, if that. It was so uncomfortable that I was thinking about getting up and sleeping on the couch, sitting up. I have a feeling I am not going to sleep well for the next nine months. But I guess that comes with being pregnant, along with the hot sweats and being nauseas all day. But in the end, it will all be worth it. I don't know if this is surprising or if I should have expected it, but Jeremy is being more of a worry wart than I am. In the middle of the night I became so hungry, so I went to the kitchen and got a granola bar. As I am eating it in bed, Jeremy wakes up and asks me, "are you allowed to eat that?" (we have been reading magazines where it tells me what to eat and what to avoid) and I tell him I think it is fine. Then I had my laptop on my lap and he asks me, "are you allowed to have that so close to your stomach?" I'm not too sure on that one, but I figure since I am only a minute pregnant, I should be alright, but from now on, I will have it on a table instead of my lap. Being pregnant makes me feel so different. I can't explain it, but it does. But it's a good feeling and I wouldn't trade it for anything in the world.

No comments: