Thursday, June 09, 2005

An Unexpected Surprise

Ok so I had an appoinment for my yearly pap smear this morning and why did I come out of the office carrying a baby bag with tons of baby magazines and prenatal vitamins? Because I am PREGNANT!!! I can't believe it. It was a total shock. After getting weighed, the nurse asks me if my last menstrual cycle was May 3. I answer yes, but I informed her that I should be getting my cycle again soon because my breasts were tender and I was experiencing cramps. Well, she wanted to take a pregnancy test just in case and it turns out that I am pregnant. I immediately started balling my eyes out. I was so happy and excited. I was shaking terribly though. After the appointment, I surprise Jeremy at his office and tell him the good news. He was stressed out at first because of the financial responsibility that goes with a child, but afterwards he became very excited. After announcing it to the guys at the office, I decided to start on my list of people to call. I was very nervous about calling my parents (they are so old fashion), but they were okay with it considering Jeremy and I are getting married in three months. However, I can tell in my mom's tone that she wanted me to finish school first. But I assured her that I will not quit and I will graduate. My dad is joking around telling me that he doesn't want to be a grandpa. He will feel too old..LOL. I am so excited. I can't believe I am going to be a wife in just a matter of a few months and then a mom a few months after that. It is going all too fast so I want to slow down and enjoy everyday and every moment. I am already starting to become a worry freak. I am trying to digest everything I read so I don't eat the wrong thing or do the wrong thing to hurt my pregnancy. I can already feel some of the pregnancy symptoms like fatigue and laziness, but then again, I've always been lazy..LOL. I have my next appointment on July 7. Jeremy will be with me for that one. The doctor told me that during that appointment, she will do an ultrasound. I am not that far along. Maybe two weeks. The doctor told me I am a minute pregnant..LOL. Jeremy and I are both hoping for a girl. Jeremy wants a girl because he is not ready to devote his entire time with a boy. For example, teaching him sports and all the manly stuff he needs to know and I want a girl because I already have a name picked out, Jaelyn or Jaelin (can't decided which way to spell it..I think I like "lyn" because it looks more feminine than "lin"). Jeremy prefers Lexis, but I've been wanting to name my little girl Jaelyn for the longest. But whatever the sex of the baby is, we will love it with all of our heart and soul. The middle name will be Korean. I will have to consult with my mom for a Korean name though. I am so excited. I can't tell you how I am feeling. All I can say is that it is wonderful!

1 comment:

Taylor said...

That is going to be a funny story that you can tell for the rest of your life! LOL!

I think that you and Jerm are having a girl, but of course I could be way wrong! Girls are so much fun. I really wanted a girl when I found out that I was pregnant, and look what I got :) Hehehehe.