Tuesday, June 21, 2005

My Menopausal Mother

So I called my mother to tell her we might move the wedding date closer because I might not be able to fit into my dress in September. We were thinking of July 30 or August 6. Why did she tell me I was being selfish and not thinking about them or their business. So I told her she was being selfish. I am their first daughter and my first and only wedding and she can't close the shop down not even for a day. So we got into this huge fight that resulted in me hanging up on her. My sister called me shortly after telling me our mother has been so bitchy later. I really think she is going through menopause. My dad is more understanding and he called and said if I ever had to talk about the wedding, just to call him. He knows everytime me and my mom talk, we just end up fighting. So now they want me to change the wedding to the 3rd of September because that is Labor Day weekend and they want that extra day before they have to open up shop again. I don't mind doing that, but it all depends on the photographer. He has a meeting at the end of this month with a lady who is getting married on that day. If she likes his work, which I'm sure she will, then that day will be taken. If that is the case, we will keep it the tenth. We might as well because Linda already took the time off of work and I would hate for people to alter their plans AGAIN. It's bad enough I went back and forth about the wedding and now the date. What will people think of me. Anyway, I just took this new sample prenatal vitamin and it made me throw up everything I ate today so I'm going to try to sneak a nap at work.

No comments: