Tuesday, May 13, 2014

Wrong = Right

Thank Him in the midst of the crucible.  When things seem all wrong, look for growth opportunities.  Especially look for areas where we need to let go, leaving our cares in His able hands.  Do we trust Him to orchestrate our life events as He chooses, or are we still trying to make things go according to our will?  Worship Him by living close to Him, thanking Him in all circumstances.
1 Peter 5:6-7; 1 Thessalonians 5:18

My first pregnancy was unplanned.  Do not get me wrong, we were very excited, but Jeremy and I were not even married yet.  We got pregnant four months before our wedding.  This is one of those times where God orchestrated our life.  If we had it our way, we would have waited until EVERYTHING was in line; and by the look of how our life has been played out over the past several years, we would be having our first child now, in our mid 30's.  But we have three beautiful children, and a hectic household, and I would not trade that in for a perfect, careful, planned out life.  God always knows what He is doing, and He just asks us to trust Him and follow along with His perfect plan.

After working out hardcore for 7 weeks straight, I decided to take this week off and concentrate more on my eating habits.  As I have shared before, I have been over-indulging; mainly because I am burned out and I am going back to my old mentality of "I am working out, therefore I can eat whatever I want."  I have noticed that I feel better when I eat healthy vs. working out and eating unhealthy.  I also know it is 80% what you eat, and 20% working out.  I have also read that exercise really does not contribute to weight loss, it just tones and defines.  Besides, it is nice to give your body and mind a little bit of a break.  It will make me stronger and more motivated when I go back next week.

No comments: