Wednesday, May 14, 2014

Weak = Strong

The thing that I feel most convicted about is my prayer time, or lack thereof.  As I have stated before, I have replaced prayer time with devotional blogging.  They are not one and the same.  Devotional blogging is one-directional; God speaking to me.  Prayer time, however, is a two-way street; me releasing all my cares and worries onto Him, and Him replacing them with His comfort and peace.  I have a few anxious thoughts going through my mind right now; but instead of praying to Him about it, I am stewing over them, trying to find solutions to my problems.

He is a mighty God.  Nothing is too difficult for Him.  He has chosen to use weak ones like us to accomplish His purposes.  Our weakness is designed to open us up to His power.  Therefore, do not fear our limitations or measure the day's demands against our strength.  Live in trusting dependence on His limitless resources.  Talk with Him, and listen while He talks us through each challenging situation.  He is not a careless God.  When He allows difficulties to come into our lives, He equips us fully to handle them.  Relax in His presence, trusting in His strength.
Luke 1:37; 2 Corinthians 12:9

I am weak, and if God does not show me that through my circumstances, I would live in pride and independence.  I need God to comfort me when life is unpredictable, give me peace when I am anxious and just provide me with the knowledge that He is in control.  As long as we are in the will of God, we are safe.  Instead of trying to fix my own problems, God reminds me to bring them to Him.  Nothing is impossible for Him.  He is our healer, our provider, our shelter.  Prayer might not change my circumstance, but it will give me reassurance that I am doing exactly what God has called me to do.

No comments: