Wednesday, May 07, 2014

Good vs. Evil

For the past week, I have been eating whatever my heart desired.  I did not worry about how many calories I was consuming, nor did I really care.  For the last couple of days, I have been feeling regretful.  All of the hard work I invested into myself was going down the drain.  I felt heavy, drained of energy and just not myself.  I have been having limited sleep lately, and I know lack of sleep contributes to overeating, so I hope this is an easy fix.  In the meanwhile, I cannot help these feelings of regret, shame, sadness and anger.

If we learn to trust Him with our whole being, then nothing can separate us from His peace.  Everything we endure can be put to good use by allowing it to train us in trusting Him.  This is how we foil the works of evil, growing in grace through the very adversity that was meant to harm us.  Joseph was a prime example of this divine reversal, declaring to his brothers, "You meant evil against me, but God meant it for good."  Do not fear what this day may bring.  Concentrate on trusting Him and on doing what needs to be done.  Fear no evil, for He can bring good out of every situation we will ever encounter.
Genesis 50:20; Psalm 23:4

I have done extremely well during my weight loss journey so far, but I have stumbled.  Satan is using this opportunity to do harm; he wants me to go back to the person I used to be.  But God reminds me that He puts to good use EVERYTHING we endure.  I am to trust Him with all that I have, and all that I am.  In return, He will provide me with His peace.  I will push forward, concentrate on trusting Him and do what needs to be done.  Like I said in the beginning, there is no room for excuses.  I will do what I set out to do, and succeed.

No comments: