Sunday, May 04, 2014

In the Still of the Morning

For about a few weeks now, I have been setting my alarm and getting up before the kids.  Some days I hit the snooze button a million times and get up when the kids get up.  Other days, I get right up and spend that quiet morning drinking coffee, doing my devotional and exercising.  If I had it my way, I would get up every morning when the alarm sounds.  I just love the quietness of the early morning.  It gives me time to reflect.  It allows me to spend time with God alone.  It gives me the opportunity to take care of myself before I start taking care of others.  It is so important for me to let God fill my cup, allowing it to overflow to other areas of my life.  

Meet Him in morning stillness, while the earth is fresh with the dew of His presence.  Worship Him in the beauty of holiness.  Sing love songs to His Holy Name.  As we give ourselves to Him, His spirit swells within us till we are flooded with divine presence.  The world's way of pursuing riches is grasping and hoarding.  We attain His riches by letting go and giving.  The more we give ourselves to Him and His way, the more He fills us with inexpressible, heavenly joy.
Psalm 29:2; 1 Peter 1:8

No comments: