Thursday, May 15, 2014

Spiritual warfare

Satan has a way of making us doubt ourselves.  Whenever I fail, I feel like God can never change me; that it is in my DNA to be the person I am doomed to be.  God should just move on to the next person because there is no hope in me.  But God tells me today that Satan delights in heaping guilt feelings upon us.  He likes to accuse believers of Christ, and if I am being accused, that means I am on the right track.  Satan only attacks those who threaten him.  In order to dodge his attacks, I need to spend daily quiet time with the Lord, mornings being the best time.  Spending time with God is a necessity, not an option.  He will help us fight this battle with Satan if we only call upon His name.

Spending time alone with Him is essential for our well-being.  It is not a luxury or an option; it is a necessity.  Therefore, do not feel guilty about taking time to be with Him.  Remember that Satan is the accuser of believers.  He delights in heaping guilt feelings upon us, especially when we are enjoying His presence.  When we feel Satan's arrows of accusation, we are probably on the right track.  Use our shield of faith to protect ourselves from him.  Talk with Him about what we are experiencing, and ask Him to show us the way forward.  Resist the devil, and he will flee from us.  Come near to Him, and He will come near to us.
Revelation 12:10; Ephesians 6:16; James 4:7-8

No comments: