Saturday, May 10, 2014

Growing Pains

Do not resist or run from the difficulties in our lives.  These problems are not random mistakes; they are hand-tailored blessings designed for our benefit and growth.  Embrace all the circumstances that He allows in our lives, trusting Him to bring good out of them.  View problems as opportunities to rely more fully on Him.  When we start to feel stressed, let those feelings alert us to our need for Him.  Thus, our needs become doorways to deep dependence on Him and increasing intimacy between us.  Although self-sufficiency is acclaimed in the world, reliance on Him produces abundant living in His kingdom.  Thank Him for the difficulties in this life since they provide protection from the idolatry of self-reliance.
John 15:5; 2 Corinthians 1:8-9; Ephesians 5:20

I am going through a self-struggle; an inner desire to be a good wife/mom, but an outer struggle to become who I want to become.  In my mind and in my heart, I know I need the fruit of the spirit to take over, but it seems as if my flesh is not willing.  I mess up, and when I do I want to give up, but God tells me today to not run from my difficulties.  Not only does He want me to change, but He wants me to grow as well.  Growth results from difficulties, and I need to trust that He will bring good out of them.  When I am feeling stressed or incompetent, I am relying on myself.  I need to rely on God because only He can provide me with what I need to succeed.

Today was STATday and I am just disappointed in myself.  It seems as if for the past couple of weeks, I have self-indulged.  I gained a pound and a percentage of body fat.  I also gained an inch in my waist.  Even though I have been exercising everyday, I have noticed that it is my eating habit that affects my body and the way I feel.  I need to get a grip on it before food controls me again.  I need to always remember how great I feel when I eat healthy.  That should be motivation enough to pass on the fried foods and continue pushing through.

No comments: