Monday, January 09, 2006

She's Home!

I am happy to report that Alexa came home on Saturday. Jeremy and I picked her up at the hospital around noon. She is adjusting well to her new surroundings and Jeremy and I are so happy she is finally with us. It has been easy so far with her, but I know once my mom leaves, things will be different. I don't sleep very much at nights because I have to wake up every two hours to pump, change her diaper, feed her, tuck her back in bed and then clean up, but during the day, my mom switches with me so I can sleep. I still have to wake up every three hours to pump, but at least I can go right back to bed afterwards. I have been doing laundry every minute of everyday because Alexa likes to shoot into the open air. Once her diaper is off, she lets loose. Yesterday she got it all over my clothes.

We had our first scare this morning. My mom fed her and laid her back in the bassinett and I slipped into the shower. When I got out, I heard her fussing and then crying. I ran over to her and she is spitting up her milk and it was also coming out of her nose. I yelled for my mom, tipped her on her side and then used that suction pump they gave me to get it out of her nose and mouth. She was crying so badly and it was making me nervous. I finally got it all out, thank the Lord. She never cries, so it was a little nerve wrecking when she did.

The thing I love most about her is while she is sleeping, she will grin or have a huge smile with her mouth wide open. She is so cute when she does that. I am going to have to catch her at that exact moment and take a picture because she looks so adorable when she does it.

Well let me go take a nap before night falls.

3 comments:

Me said...

I can't wait to see that picture! It is so hard to get it though. I had to go click, click, click over and over again before I got it :)

We had our share of those scares too. It really sucks. I know I balled on more than one occasion.

Sounds like you did just the right thing and handled it great. Welcome home little Alexa!

Choppzs said...

Oh, I can't wait for those moments again!! Those are the things you never forget, and swear you never want to do again, but then you realize that it is all soooo worth it!! I did the pumping with Zachary too for 4 months because he wouldn't nurse, and it got to be so frustrating to have to do it in the middle of the night and make him wait and cry, but I would do it again in a heartbeat. Hopefully this one will give me no trouble with nursing like my daughter. Zachary is just my little handful!! Good luck and believe me, you will have many, many, many more scares like that to come, just take them one thing at a time, and you will do great!!

Kari said...

Congratulations all around. I'm sorry I'm so late!

I know your on cloud nine with your beautiful baby girl!