Friday, January 20, 2006

Almost a Week

So it's been almost a week now that my mom has been gone. It was hard the first couple of days, but I have gotten into a bit of a routine and it is not that hard to get up in the middle of the night anymore. Alexa is doing great. She is still eating like a champ...drinking 3 oz. in less than 30 minutes. I have decided to stop with the breast milk. I know I should probably stick with it, but it is very stressful and it takes a lot out of me to pump every 3 hours. I have been trying everyday to nurse Alexa, but she isn't getting what she needs and is too tired afterwards to take a bottle as a supplement, so I decided to quit. I do not pump as often as I used to, so now Alexa is being fed formula every other feeding. Soon it will go down to just formula. I'm just waiting for my milk supply to decrease. I tried the best that I could and maybe I could have tried a little harder, but I just don't have the energy anymore.

I am also in search of a new job. I am tired of traveling to Midtown everyday and especially with Alexa here, I want to be closer in case of emergencies. Speaking of going back to work, my friend, who was suppose to watch Alexa when I go back to work, informed me today that she no longer can't because a parent that she is currently working for are having another baby. Therefore, she has no room for Alexa since she does not have a license. I wish I could stay home, but we can't afford to. We do have someone in mind though...you know who you are.

Well, wish me luck on finding a new job!

2 comments:

Me said...

I know the feeling. I wish I could stay home too, but no can do.

Good luck!

Choppzs said...

Good Luck with the job situation. I know how stressful it is when you try and try to nurse and it just isn't in the cards for you. You know what's best for your baby!!!