Monday, August 01, 2005

Back to Reality

I'm back! Actually, I've been back. I came home last Thursday around 2 in the morning. Some advice...NEVER FLY WITH AMERICAN AIRLINES! I had a two hour delay, then we had to fly over Rome, GA for an hour, then when we finally landed, we had to wait another half hour because there was construction being done around the gate we were suppose to get off at. Supposedly, Hartsfield Airport was extremely busy that night and they had no room for planes to land on, but everyone else seemed to have landed just fine. The only planes that were held up were American. Never again!

Anyway, home was fun. I had a blast! I always hate leaving because I get so pampered when I see my parents. They do not get to see me often, so when they do, they like to spoil me. It was great seeing my friends, but sucked that I couldn't drink with them everytime we went out to the bars (don't worry, every restaurant and bar is smoke-free up in CT)...LOL.

Wedding stuff is all done now. We got our invitations printed, thanks to Taylor, and sent out and we've got our wedding bands. My dress is being altered and I ordered all the attendant gifts and my jewelry that I am going to wear for the wedding. We met with Publix and got our cake ordered and our flowers are paid for. The only thing I have left to do is somehow get my veil onto the tiara I am borrowing from a friend. I have my four main things...something new (dress), something old (grandmother's necklace), something blue (garter), and something borrowed (tiara). The only problem with the necklace is I won't be able to wear it. I was thinking about tucking it inside my bra. Any suggestions?

We're meeting with the restaurant tomorrow night and the preacher Wednesday night for our pre-marital counseling and our last minute details. Then all we have to do is wait for the big day! I am soooo excited. Jeremy still wants to go on a honeymoon and even though I hate to go pregnant, I would like to spend some time alone as husband and wife. We might go on a cruise, but I don't know how well I'll do.

Anyway, thought I'd keep everyone updated on the wedding. I am getting huge! My belly is getting round, but I don't look pregnant when I have my wedding dress on, which is a good thing. The top part is made out of cardboard, I think, and the bottom part is flared and that is important because only my bottom stomach is getting rounder. I do have to say though, that even though I am excited about being pregnant, I do feel fat and unattractive. Sometimes I get depressed. I don't know if that's normal. I mean I am so happy I am pregnant and that we are going to have a baby, but my self-esteem has gone down a lot. I just feel so huge and ugly. Hope that is normal and that it will go away.

Anyway, happy Monday!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I think Diana has great idea! You could put the necklace in a satin bag and attach it to your boquet of flowers! Just make sure you take it off before you throw your boquet (if you do that)!

I can't wait until the wedding, your invitations turned out beautiful so I am sure that the wedding is going to be even better :)

But what I am really looking forward to is that little baby GIRL!!!!

Kari said...

Glad your back and had a great time! Glad your wedding plans are done, thats always a relief! When is the big day??