Tuesday, August 09, 2005

Jeremy's First

Ever since I became pregnant, Jeremy was unable to attend any of my appointments. He missed the first ultrasound, where I got to see its little heart fluttering. He missed my second appointment where I got to listen to the heartbeat. I am a little disappointed that he missed the first few important appointments, but we hit an unexpected bump in our lives and he had to do what he had to do to get us back on our feet. So I decided to rent a heart doppler from babybeat.com. Jeremy complained saying it was a waste of money, but when he heard the heartbeat for the first time yesterday, he thought it was the most amazing sound and he couldn't stop smiling.

A lot of things have changed for our wedding. The preacher, who is suppose to do the ceremony, backed out last minute saying him and his wife want to go out of town for Labor Day weekend and if it was okay with us if his associate, Rita, perform the ceremony. We said yes...I mean, what can we say. Jeremy is a little upset because he thinks the "man" is suppose to perform that duty...what a pig...LOL. I personally am delighted about it because he was getting on my nerves. He kept telling us what we could and couldn't do and I was getting so annoyed of him. I've switched out one of my bridesmaids and got an additional one. My two, VERY APPRECIATED, CAN DEPEND ON LAST MINUTE, sister-in-laws decided to be in our wedding. The reason I wanted one more additional bridesmaid was because I want my brother in the wedding as a groomsman and I needed a woman for him. But everything else is coming along great. We've sent out the invitations and have started receiving RSVPs.

I've started working out again. Nothing vigorous. Just some light walking and weight lifting. My arms are getting so huge and I don't want bulging arms for the wedding. I am wearing a strapless, so I want my arms to look at least toned since everywhere else will look HUGE. I'm even starting to get dimples on my legs because I am getting weight. I hate mirrors...LOL.

I've been having more energy ever since I've entered my second trimester. I even get to work early now, like I used to. I still get nauseous here and there, but doing much better. I've got a lot of baby things like swings and exersaucers from a friend of mine whose son just turned a year old, so our nursery is filled with a few things. I'm excited about decorating our nursery. I think we will wait until we find out the sex.

Well, that's it from me for now. Jeremy's aunts are throwing me a bridal shower this Saturday, so I guess I'll post with some presents!

3 comments:

Taylor said...

YAY! I am so excited to be in the wedding, thanks so much for asking me. We are going to have a wonderful time :) I know everything will turn out beautifully so do not worry about a thing! You have done such a wonderful job already with planning and arranging everything.

I am excited about your shower this weekend, I am sure you will get a lot of nice things from the family. It is always fun to open gifts :)

So what do you think of the doppler? Isn't it the coolest thing ever? Are you going to keep it for the rest of the pregnancy? I just loved mine but didn't use it as much once I started feeling Tristyn move. You will have to let me get that on the video camera this weekend!

Taylor said...

Oh and I saw what you commented on Kari's blog about wishing you had a different look for yours...After the shower and wedding you and I will work on making yours look awesome. We can use the pictures from those events :)

Ju said...

Taylor...I would love to get together and scan some pictures and give my blog a new look. I like the way it is now, but I would like it more personalized.

Diana...I will definitely get some pictures on here. I am excited about revealing myself to the blogging world!