Wednesday, August 10, 2005

Pregnancy Pictures

This morning, Jeremy suggested that since I am now 3.5 months pregnant, we should start taking montly pictures of my belly. I am not ready to because it is still mostly 80% fat and only 20% baby. I think once I hit the 4 month mark, I will be ready to expose my fat belly and start taking pictures. I know it might seem like I am very self-conscious of my weight, and yes I am. I have been chubby my entire life and I've had to deal with critisms from family, so weight is a sensitive topic for me. I lost 20 lbs in high school and now that I am getting big again (whether I am pregnant or not), it still makes me feel self-conscious. But once I start getting bigger and look more pregnant, I will feel more comfortable with taking pictures of my exposed belly.

I took the day off from work today. I woke up with a painful migraine. I've never had bad headaches before I became pregnant. Tylenol doesn't seem strong enough for me, but I am afraid to take anything else, even something the doctor prescribes. I guess I'll just ride it out.

I have to clean the house today. I hate cleaning, but I want our house to look nice for the bridal shower. I don't want people to think we live like pigs. I've also got some homework to do. We only have two more weeks left of this term and then our second term starts. During my second term, I have classes Mondays and Tuesdays. That works out great because when we take a week off for our honeymoon, I'll only be missing one day of class because on Labor Day, we don't have class.

Anyway, let me stop procrastinating and get up and do something.

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Hey honey! I think Jer is right and you should start taking pictures now. I would just take a couple and save them on your computer or digital camera. You don't have to show them to everyone, just take them for later on down the road because you will probably regret it if you don't.

Ju, I see you a lot and you look wonderful. No matter what kind of self esteem issues you have just know that you don't not look like you feel. It's normal to feel pudgy or fat while pregnant, but take it from me - you look great! You do not look like you have gained any weight!

I can't wait to see you on Saturday :) I just got your shower gifts...muahahahahahaha!

Kari said...

I'm sure that you look fine! Don't worry about your weight! I agree with Tay, you should definatly take pictures! I really think that you will regret it if you don't. If you don't feel comfortable than don't share them, they can just be something for you and Jermey. You'll want to remember all this once the baby is here.
Enjoy you're shower!

ttfn