Thursday, August 04, 2005

13 Weeks 2 Days

So today was my third appointment with the doctor. I am officially into my second trimester. I seem to have more energy, but am still a little nauseous. Everything went fine. They drew blood from me and then I got to hear the heartbeat. It was beating at 160 bpm. So according to the wives tale, I should be having a girl, but we'll see! It took them a little while to find the heartbeat because the baby is still so small, but when they found it, the sound was amazing. I loved it so much that I might actually rent one of those dopplers off the internet.

I have another appointment on August 30. It will be with a midwife because my doctor will be out of town. My next appointment with the doctor will be on September 29. I will be 21 weeks then, so we will be able to find out the sex then. We will start working on the nursery after we find out the sex. A friend of mine is a painter and she wants to do a mural for me. But I don't know what I want the theme to be yet. I was thinking Precious Moments, but that seems to be more expensive than other themes.

I am getting excited about the wedding. It is coming up fast. Jeremy and I decided to go down to Pompano Beach, FL for a week. My co-workers got together and got us a room at Chateau Elan that includes dinner, breakfast and a massage for two on the night of our wedding, so we will be spending a night up there and then driving down to Pompano Beach. It's about a ten hour drive, but tickets are so expensive right now that it's worth the drive. Besides, we both love road trips.

An answer to Kari's question...our wedding is on September 3. I've been waiting a long time for this moment, so I am very anxious. It's going to be the happiest day of our lives. Well, besides the birth of our baby it (despite what Taylor is saying...haha).

Surprisingly, Jeremy really wants a girl. I too want a girl, but whatever it is, I'll be equally happy.

Well, that's it for now.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

What do you mean despite what I am saying? I am confused girl!

I am glad to hear that your appointment went well. So far everyone that I know that has been pregnant the heart rate told the sex. I really do think it is a little girl but I guess we will have to wait until September 29th. That isn't far away at all! Aren't you getting so excited? The ultrasound is the most amazing thing. To finally see your baby in all of his/her glory up on the screen moving around. I remember the day of Tristyn's ultrasound like it was yesterday. You better call me right after that appointment to tell me the sex! LOL!

You really have some loving co-workes. That's wonderful that you and Jeremy will get to spend your wedding night at Chateau Elan. I am so excited for you :)

So what about baby names? Are you still thinking of Alexa Lee for a girl and Noah or Nicholas for a boy? The nursery idea sounds really cute. Do you have any idea what color furniture you like? If so I could point you to a few good places.

Talk to you soon sweetie :)

Kari said...

I'm so excited for you! I hope you can get some pics up on this site once the wedding is done! I love wedding pics! What about your first ultrasound pic too? we haven't seen that one yet either?
Congrats on everything! Enjoy every moment. Our wedding day was by far the happiest day of our lives! We got married in Maui and then had a reception about a month later in NY It was AWESOME!!! So much fun, weddings are great!
Good luck with everything!

You better let us all know when you find out the sex.

I love that name, Alexa Lee! Too cute!

Ju said...

Hey Taylor...on the last post, you put that you can't wait to see our baby GIRL and I put baby IT, despite what Taylor is saying because you keep saying girl. Nevermind, I thought I was trying to be funny, but I guess my jokes are corny...LOL.

Kari - I am so excited about getting married. I saw your wedding pictures on your blog. You looked so beautiful and the beach looked awesome. Jeremy has always wanted to do that..go to a beach and get married, but I've always wanted a Church wedding, but the beach would have been beautiful too!

I will let all of you know what the sex is going to be. I have a feeling it's going to be a girl too because of the heartbeat. If it's a boy, I'm going to name him Noah Robert Bottoms and if it's a girl, Alexa Lee Bottoms.

Taylor said...

OH OK! I didn't see the "it" part, LOL! DUUUUH!