Thursday, July 21, 2005

Home Sweet Home

I am so excited! I am going home tomorrow! When I say home, I mean my parent's house in CT. I still refer to it as home. When I expressed my excitement to Jeremy about going home, he's like you are home and I said no my second home. I guess I should start saying my parent's house. Anyway, I am just so excited to see my family and my friends. I am even more excited about eating some home cooked meals. My dad calls me last night and asks if there is anything in particular my mother can cook for me. How sweet. He never asks me that. He's probably thinking about the baby and what the baby wants to eat, since I am starting to get cravings. I'm been craving a lot for sodium. One day, I ate a whole jar of pickles (there was about 10 left) and a can of Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup. By the end of the night, my fingers have swelled up so much that they looked like little sausages. I know that too much sodium is not good for me during my pregnancy. I better watch my intake. So next Tuesday, I will be in my 12th week which marks the end of my first trimester. I can't believe how fast it is flying by. I feel like it was just yesterday when I found out that I was pregnant. I can tell Jeremy is getting kinda scared, but excited at the same time. The other night he said, can you believe we're going to have a baby. Yep, believe it because it's coming...LOL. He's been really sweet though. Catering to my every need. He's going to be such a great dad!

Wedding plans are coming along great. Everything is all set and now we're just waiting for the day. I took August 4 off because I have a doctor's appointment and after that, we are going to the Forsyth County Probate Court to get our marriage certificate. I don't think we are going on a big honeymoon like we planned on doing. We originally thought about going to the Canary Islands, but since I'm pregnant and all, we decided to save that trip for another time. Instead, we might just take a few days and go to Destin or something. Either way, it'll be nice to spend some time with my new husband.

Well, that's it for now and I'll post after I come home (to Atlanta...LOL).

By the way, school sucks!

3 comments:

Meghan said...

Congratulations on almost being done with your first trimester! I thought it went by fast also. I was told that the 3rd trimester is the slow one, but so far it is just as fast as the others.

Kari said...

Have fun at homw, CT, lol. I still call NY home too, but so does Ian so I guess it's ok. Enjoy family, friends and food...remember to take time for you too though. Trips home can be more exhausting than a week at work, alot of visiting and wanting to squeeze everything in. Have fun and relax!

Kari said...

Hope your having a great trip! Sounds like your doing wonderful! Lots of exciting things going on :)