Saturday, July 16, 2005

A Success

Today was Jill's bridal shower (the one I threw for her). It was suppose to be a surprise, but when she showed up, she didn't seem surprised at all. I thought her fiance Joe spilled the beans, but she later told me that she read in one of my blog entries that I was going to throw her a bridal shower. Oh well, it was still a success. She really enjoyed herself and she got lots of presents!

Jeremy and I went to IKEA today. It was sooo packed. It's like the mall. We went there in search of a huge clock we can hang above the mantel, but came out buying a coffee table, two end tables and some pictures. It was fun though. It's always fun to shop!

Some sad news. We gave our dog Bailey away. We gave him to a client of Jeremy's. He bit Jeremy one time a long time ago. It was really bad. It was really deep and Jeremy had to go to the emergency room and get a shot. We let that one go, but recently, Bailey bit Jeremy again. Jeremy's hand swelled up. We would've let that one go too, but now that we are expecting a baby, we don't feel safe with Bailey around. I mean, Bailey is a small Lasa Apso, but when we try and discipline him, he gets aggressive and we can't have that. Jeremy brought him to the guy's house when I was hosting the bridal shower so that I wouldn't see him off. I didn't even get to say goodbye. When everyone left and I was home by myself, before Jeremy came home, I cried so hard. I was so upset that I didn't even get to say goodbye. Even typing it now makes me tear up. We've had him for a year and a half and I miss him so much. But to know that this guy we gave him to has another small dog makes me feel better. At least Bailey has a playmate now. Jeremy and I are so tired when we get home from work that we rarely play with him and the weekends are so packed with stuff that Bailey hardly gets any attention nowadays. I really miss him though. I'm starting to cry now so I'm going to stop talking about him.

I'm such a procrastinor. I haven't done any of my economics homework and I have class Monday. I'm helping, or should I say watching, Jeremy put together the tables so I probably won't get to it tonight. After Church tomorrow, I really got to start cracking down on the homework.

Well, till next time...

1 comment:

Kari said...

Glad the shower you gave went well!

Hope you got that homework done too, I was always a horrible procrastinator!!