Thursday, December 01, 2005

Speaking Too Soon

So here I am at 30 weeks and I thought I was in the clear. Not a hint of stretch marks, pimples or back pain (the usual complaints about pregnancy). Well, let me say that I spoke too soon...way too soon. I practically jinxed myself. I found a small stretch mark about a week ago next to my belly button, and it is sort of spreading. There are a couple more right next to the original one. I have a few pimples breaking through on my face and a couple on my back. And to make matters worse, I have to attend a Christmas party that Jeremy's company is throwing tomorrow night. First time meeting these people and I am not looking my best self. Tonight Jeremy and I went to the mall to find an outfit for me to wear. Went to JC Penney's (they are having a HUGE sale) and bought a pair of black pants and a red sweater. I tried it on and can I say beach whale. Yes, the sweater is the clinging one and I just look huge. Jeremy liked it because he thinks red looks great on me. Seeing myself in that outfit really made me realize how big and pregnant I am looking.

Don't get me wrong. I love being pregnant and I wouldn't trade in this moment for anything in the world. And I know this is going to be all worth it, but I've grown up chubby all my life and I just feel that embarrassment and insecurity I felt during my chubby years.

Some good news. Alexa is moving like crazy. She is no longer kicking, but moving. I feel a lot of waves in my stomach. I even see her moving when I look at my stomach. At my doctor's appointment the other day, the doctor was using the heartbeat monitor and Alexa kicked it. I swear, she is going to have a temper just like her dad. I can't wait to see her.

Thanks to everyone for their kind words on my previous blog. Maybe it was a little inappropriate of me to share my intimate problem, but I just wanted assurance that I wasn't going crazy with all this hormonal stuff. I mean I feel like such a cry baby because I cry about everything, but I guess that's normal. Well thanks again!

4 comments:

Choppzs said...

It's funny to hear you talk about the stretch marks. I remember getting my first one too, and well it's still there! lol I haven't gotten any new ones with the 2nd or 3rd pregnancies though!!!

It's so hard to find nice, dressy maternity clothes this time of year because of it being winter time! Plus I just hate to spend the money on an outfit you will only where once and then pack away for the next pregnancy!! But I know what you mean when you say certain clothing makes look huge (boy have i been doing that lately!!)

Taylor said...

Girl the worst of the pregnancy stuff doesn't usually come until the last couple of weeks! That's when you really find out what feeling like crap is all about!!!! Just know that the longest part of the road is ahead of you, LOL.

Sorry to hear about the stretch marks. My first didn't appear until around 30-32 weeks and you see how bad they got before I had Tristyn. They seem to worsen the most right before your due date because the baby is growing so rapidly.

As for the pimples - my complexion has still not recovered! My skin actually looked awesome for the first part of my pregnancy but got so bad towards the end. Make sure you don't use any products on your face that aren't approved by your doctor. Like I know they told Tasha that she couldn't use Proactive Solution.

I hope you have a fun time tonight! I'm sure you will look beautiful :)

Kari said...

I'm sure you look beautiful!

Hang in there, when your holding Alexa none of that other stuff will matter, trust me!

Me said...

Ugh....I thought I was in the clear too, then I got some on my thighs, then around my boobs. Ugh! It'll all be worth it though.

I got some good deals at Penny's for maternity clothes too. It's pretty funny when I still find myself wanting to look at them :)