Friday, December 16, 2005

32 Weeks

So I woke up this morning with Jeremy telling me not to go to work today...NO problem with that! See, he leaves for work before me and he saw 5 accidents on the way to work. He said the roads were really icy. So I turn on the news and there were tons of school delays and closings and tons of accidents. God was on my side this morning.

I had my 32 week appointment yesterday. Taylor had come over early yesterday afternoon because her power went out, so she drove me to the appointment. I told her it's the usual checkup, nothing new and I wish they will tell me something different than everything is fine. I mean I love to hear that Alexa is doing wonderfully, but I guess it's the same old thing each time. So at this appointment, my wish came true. The nurse tells me I have sugar in my urine and something called k-tones? I don't know if I'm saying it right. I'm just spelling it the way she told me. Then she said I lost a couple of pounds. So here I am freaking out because she seems concerned and I just wanted to punch myself for saying what I said to Taylor about how I wish the doctor would tell me something different at this appointment. But when I got to see the midwife, she said everything was fine. I had sugar in my urine because I had fried rice for lunch and that is a carbohydrate and that breaks down as sugar and the reason for the k-tones is because I am dehydrated. Needless to say, from now on, all I want to hear is everything sounds great!

Glad it's Friday. We are going to finish our Christmas shopping tomorrow. I love shopping and I love wrapping presents while listening to Christmas music. It gets me in the spirit. Anyway, my favorite show, A Baby Story, is about to come on, so I'm going to sign off for now.

1 comment:

Kari said...

Nice...a 3 day weekend! Yippee!!

I LOVE A Baby Story too! My favorite show! Oh and Make Room for Baby too! Love it!

Thank God everything is still Fine!

Take it easy girl, she's almost here!