Sunday, December 18, 2005

Ready for Christmas

Our weekend was filled with endless fun and we finally finished our Christmas shopping! On Friday night, Jeremy and I had the privilege of babysitting Miss Little Tristyn. She was a doll. We had a great time! We just love seeing her.

On Saturday, we got up early and went to the mall to finish our Christmas shopping. Afterwards, we headed over to Jeremy's neighborhood so that he can show me some houses that he is building (he's a builder for Ryland Homes). Some of those homes are gorgeous, and he wanted to show me the kind of house he would build for us when that time comes. Afterwards we went and got our nails and toes done. Yes, WE. Jeremy and I both got a manicure and pedicure. Jeremy's first time. The real reason he wanted a pedicure was for the massage. He loved it. After being pampered, we headed to Chili's for dinner. We wanted to go watch The Family Stone afterwards, but we wouldn't have made it on time. So we went to Blockbuster instead and rented The Island (stupid) and The Skeleton Key (okay).

On Sunday, we woke up early and headed to Church. Our preacher was not there because there was an infant death in his family. That's so sad. Afterwards we came home and a couple of my friends came over. One of my friends is a painter and she came over to paint butterflies in the nursery. It looks really good.

I haven't had a fun weekend in awhile. We usually just relax and sit around and do nothing, but we've kept ourselves busy this weekend. One more week of work and I have a four day weekend. Can't wait. Hope everyone had a great weekend and have a great week!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

I'm so glad to hear that Tristyn was part of your wonderful weekend!

I can't wait to see the butterflies in the nursery. I bet it looks great.

Kari said...

Can't wait to see pics of the butterflies!! Sounds really cute!

Your weekend sounded awesome! I'm glad you guys had a good one. You deserve it! I wish I could get Ian to go in for a manicure/pedi too! That would be great!LOL