Wednesday, November 30, 2005

30 Weeks

I can't believe I am 30 weeks. Time has just flown by. I can't believe in less than 3 months, I will be a mom. Kind of scary if you ask me. But we're both very excited!

I had my 30 week appointment yesterday. Doctor said everything looks perfect. My mom plans on flying down February 3 through February 12, so I asked the doctor if maybe I can be induced and she said she can't make any promises and we will just have to see how baby and I are doing when it gets closer to the time. I talked to Jeremy about it last night and he's not too happy with me getting induced. He thinks I'm playing God and deciding our daughter's birthday. Maybe I'll just have my mom come down the week after, just in case I am overdue, which is the case for most first time mothers. Besides, I do want to go into labor naturally.

I've been an emotional wreck lately. I don't know why, but I cry over EVERYTHING. I mostly feel insecure and unattractive. Jeremy and I haven't been intimate in forever and he says it's because he doesn't want to hurt the baby, but I guess my hormones are telling me something different. I hope this all passes because I hate feeling this way. Sometimes I feel so selfish for the way I feel. I should be grateful for having Jeremy in my life and not letting a lack of intimacy play with my emotions. I hope after Alexa is here, everything will be normal again.

5 comments:

Taylor said...

Wow I can't believe you are 30 weeks either! Time has just flown by here lately. Alexa is going to be here so soon and we are all very excited.

I was so emotional towards the end too. Your hormones are just raging out of whack and your poor body can't keep up with them! Just know it will all be over with soon :)

Kari said...

I'm sure you look BEAUTIFUL!! Try not to let the emotional overload get the better of you. I'm sure Jermey loves you very much, and Alexa too. I'm sure it must be hard, just keep him close in your heart. Being at 30 weeks, I'm sure Jermey probably wants to be intimate but he can't stop thinking about his beautiful daughter on the way! (Makes it kinda wierd, ya know..)

Keep your head up girl! Tell yourself that you are beautiful! Everyday! Go get a manicure or pedicure, or something special for you...shopping therapy!

3 months!! Wow!! So fast!

((((((Hugs))))))
Put those feet up!

Me said...

I sure do remember the feeling of "wow, I'm going to be a mommy", but time sure flies and before you know it, they're 10 mos. old and walking!!!

I remember the raging hormones too. They sure did suck, but like Taylor said, it'll all be over soon enough and you won't remember what life was like before the peanut. Keep your chin up--you're young, beautiful, loved and have a precious little one on the way.

You did a great job on the nursery! It looks adorable!

Choppzs said...

I wouldn't worry to much about when baby will make her appearance!! I wouldn't worry about getting induced either. With Olivia I was a week early and she was my first. With Zachary, I was 3 days late and was scheduled to come in and set an inducement date. Luckily I never made it that far. My mom came out for Zachary and she came the week before my due date and scheduled to leave a week after that way she had all that leway time just incase. She is doing the same with this one to help out and watch the kids for us! But my best advice would be to let things flow, and if it comes to where she is super late, the docs will tell you how you should go about doing things. I think the more natural things go, the better it is (unless of course things are out of your hands and say a c-section had to be scheduled or whatever). But don't worry, your little one will make her grand appearance in her own special,and unique way.

Oh girl, and you think you are bad with hormones??? lol I know how you are feeling!! lol

Taylor said...

I'm so glad you and Jeremy came over last night. I love being able to see you both so often now! I never would have imagined I would have such a loving unique family!

I can't wait until little Alexa is here and we can get together with the girls...it's going to be so extremely special.