Thursday, October 27, 2005

25 Weeks

Today I had my 25 week appointment. Everything is good. I am measuring right at my date and I got to hear her heartbeat. It was slower than normal though. The past couple of times I've listened to it, it was beating at 160 bpm, but today it was beating at 140 bpm. That makes me a little worried. According to the old wives tale, that should mean it is going to be a boy. Hmmm, that makes me wonder. I hope I'm not one of those mothers that were expecting one gender, but got the other...LOL. On a good note, I only gained two pounds from my last appointment. I don't know how. I've been eating so unhealthy. So far, I have gained altogether 21 pounds. The midwife said I have 15 more to work with. I think in the third trimester, the baby gaines a half a pound per week. That's probably where the 15 pounds will come from.

I can't believe that in a couple of weeks, I will be in my third trimester. It's funny...I thought that last trimester will never come, but then again it has come so fast. I can't believe I will be having a baby in three months. It just went by so fast. I can't believe it. I am in shock. I have my glucose tolerance test in two weeks. From now on, I have appointments every two weeks. It's definitely going to go by faster now!

As for the nursery, we are almost finished. We have the all the trim up, the crown molding up, and even have the border painted on. However, Jeremy has to paint all the trim white and touch up the wall because there are so many nail pops. Jeremy also finished the backyard last weekend. It looks so great. We finally have a backyard where Alexa can play. He also planted ten trees where the backyard ends. It looks really good. I am so proud of him. Some more great news. We ordered our crib set. We got a great deal and it's all white. I'm so excited! I will post pictures soon of the nursery, I promise!

Another good note...I was worried that my insurance wouldn't cover my delivery if I happen to end up with a midwife. So I voiced my concern today at the appointment and they said that if Dr. Grogan can't be there and they have to send a midwife, they will bill it under the doctor so that it makes it seem like Dr. Grogan delivered me. That way insurance will cover it! They said they've had that problem before. See, besides Dr. Grogan, there is only one other female doctor and if she's not available, I will feel uncomfortable having a male doctor. So I would definitely want a midwife.

Well, that's it for now. Wish me luck on my glucose tolerance test. I am a little worried. I had sugar in my urine today and I didn't have anything sweet to eat or drink today, so I was surprised when they found sugar in my urine. Hopefully it's nothing. But I do eat a lot of sugar. My current obsession is frozen pops!

2 comments:

Taylor said...

Wow finally a post from you! I've been checking everyday! Glad to hear that your appointment went well. As for the weight gain - I gained most all of mine in the last 6-8 weeks. It was like it all hit me like a ton of bricks then. At the begining I had lost weight too!

Post some pictures soon! I wanna see the border!

Kari said...

25 weeks! wow it is going by fast!

Don't believe the heartbeat wives tale. My friends baby had a heart beat in the girls range, but sure enough, he was a boy!

I want to see pictures too! Let's go! Get 'em on here! LoL

Have a great Halloween weekend, with you little pumpkin!