Saturday, October 15, 2005

My First Project

Man, I forgot how much I LOVE to shop. I don't get to do it that often, so when I finally get to splurge a little, I forget how much I miss shopping. Well, as you all know, Jeremy is down in Macon for the weekend to attend a concert with our neighbor and some of his friends. I went to Michaels to try and see if I can get a book on crocheting, but it was way too difficult so I decided I won't even go there. So I decided to pick up another project...the nursery. I called up my friend Kris Anne, and we decided to go to Target, buy a ruffle that goes with the bedding and head over to Home Depot and get two colors that we can paint the nursery with. The ruffle is striped with four different colors...lavendar, pink, green and yellow. So we decided to paint the bottom half lavendar and the top half pink. Jeremy is going to put chair rail molding in the middle and crown on top. Jeremy promised me that when he returns home on Sunday, he will touch up the paint and run to Home Depot to get the molding so we can finish the nursery.

Today, Kris Anne and I decided to go on a shopping spree. We hit a couple of consignment shops and a lot of stores. I bought a couple of clothes for Alexa and some accessories to go into the nursery. I bought this really cute floor lamp that is just adorable. I will post pictures of the nursery after Jeremy finishes it on Sunday and the lamp because it is just too cute. I of course had to buy something for myself, so I got a pair of shoes and a purse.

I am so excited about getting this nursery started. Jeremy has been procrastinating, but since we've got the room painted, Jeremy is really excited about finishing it. Starting the nursery just makes this all the more real.

This morning, before Jeremy left, Alexa was kicking like crazy. She's getting to the point where her kicks are becoming stronger that Jeremy can feel them right away. However, this morning as I was laying in bed watching Jeremy pack, I felt Alexa kick. So I put my hand on the side of my stomach and when she kicked again, I actually felt a body part jabbing me. It was kind of weird, but at the same time awesome.

We are going to order our crib set soon. I am so excited!!! There is also this cute little girlie dresser at Home Goods that I want to purchase. It is really cute, but I decided I better stop and consult with my hubby before spending any more money. I think he might be a little agitated about how much I've spent, but it's not like I shop like this all the time. Anyway, thought I'd share my excitement about the nursery. This is just the first stage!

2 comments:

Kari said...

It sound so cute! I can't wait to see pics!

Keep us posted on that little kicker!

Kari said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.