Wednesday, October 12, 2005

Ideas Anyone?

So I was thinking about picking up a hobby. You see, Jeremy is going to a Widespread Panic concert this Saturday and it's all the way in Macon. He is leaving this Saturday early afternoon and coming home probably Sunday afternoon. (He's going to be missing the Bulldogs game...I wonder if he realizes that. He NEVER misses a game. In fact, part of our wedding night was spent watching the game and when we were coming home from our honeymoon, we were listening to it on the radio). Anyway, so I thought since I will be BORED to death this weekend, I thought I would pick up a hobby. I was thinking about going to Michaels and making something for our baby. Any suggestions anyone?

I guess I could study. I do have finals next week. I guess I could hang out with some of my girlfriends. I guess I could watch television all weekend. But I am in the mood to do something productive and something I could show off. So any advice is welcome.

6 comments:

Taylor said...

Grab a book on knitting or crocheting and learn how to make a baby blanket. I would love to learn how to do that. We should get together and try to learn! LOL! Call me if you get bored or lonely!

You could also scrapbook or put all of your pictures into albums. Another idea is to buy the wooden letters to spell out 'Alexa' and paint them to hang on her wall.

Taylor said...

I have an idea! Diana should come over and teach us how to crochet!

Ju said...

I would love to crochet Alexa a blanket. I am seriously thinking about going to Michaels and getting a beginner's set...if they have one.

Kari said...

Love the blanket idea!!

I was going to suggest scrapbooking for the baby...I know there's not much to put in it right now but you could use some shots of you and Jer when you found out you were pregnant, the wedding, and her ultrasound, some belly shots, etc.. At least it will get you started and you'd be more likely to finish it once she's here.

I want to learn to crochet too! Any chance you girls could all come to CT? LOL. Have fun and relax on your "boring" weekend. What ever you decide to do...keep those feet up.

Taylor said...

Ju we'll have to make a trip to see Kari in CT next time you go visit family! LOL!

Kari said...

Scrapbooking is great...

If you like to read...do it NOW...while you still have the chance...trust me!

of course, you could just shop!