Friday, October 21, 2005

Too Nice

Sometimes I hate myself for being so nice. This morning I was sitting at a red light, and some woman who wasn't paying attention bumped me. I get out of the car and she asks me if I want to pull over. I go over to the back of my car and see that there is nothing there (mind you, it's 6:30 am and still dark), so I tell her it's no big deal, don't worry about it. When I arrive at the MARTA station, I notice that I have two screw dents from her license plate. Most of you are probably thinking that's no big deal, but I've had this car for a little over two years and I have yet to have even the tiniest scratch on it. So I start getting all upset and crying because these two dents are a big deal and I was so stupid to tell her don't worry about it. As usual, I was being so sweet and I just hate myself today for it. Of course, Jeremy is all upset because he thinks I should have called the police and everything. But dumb old me just let it go and now I'm paying for it.

Some good news. Jeremy put up the chair rail molding yesterday and it looks great. Our neighbor Mike is going to help him put up the crown Saturday night. Also, Jeremy's uncle Joe came over last night with his bulldozer and leveled our backyard for us. See, our background is just a big hill, so we got a bunch of dirt poured into our backyard and we've been waiting months for Joe to come over and level it out so we can put sod down. So it's leveled and all Jeremy has to do is put sod down. Now we have a backyard for Alexa to play in. Finally, the outside of our house is coming together.

4 comments:

Taylor said...

Aww Ju Ju I'm sorry to hear that. The funny thing is, is that I did that exact same thing to someone...except I was the one who hit her and left the screw marks in her car (which also happened to be a Honda). Don't beat yourself up too much about it, atleast you have learned a lesson.

That's wonderful to hear that the backyard is finally leveled. I hope Joe did a good job!

Can't wait to see the finished product of Alexa's room.

Tanya said...

I have donet he same thing. I hate seeing other people upset and I am always the "nice" one. It drives my dh nuts sometimes. LOL

Kari said...

Aww...I'm glad it wasnt worse!

I had the same thing happen to my first car. Try to forget them, no one will even notice!

Kari said...

When I was 18 I was driving through the mall parking lot and some girl backed up right into the side of me! I should have known there would be a mark...I felt the hit! But with all the adrenaline and the girl that hit me, who was 16 and only had a learners permit and was with her mother and brother, and completely upset I took a quick look and honestly couldn't see anything and I said "Oh don't worry about it it will be ok, I'm fine." and we went about our ways. (The girl was crying histerically) When I got home I found a HUGE dent in the side of my car! How did I miss that? I swear I was blinded by the intensity of the moment.
I hated myself for letting it go...but, it's over now and I can't go back...but like Tay said, I've learned a lesson!

Can't wait to see pics of Alexa's new room and backyard!