Thursday, September 29, 2005

Team ......

On PW, they use the term Team Blue for a boy and Team Pink for a girl. That is the reason for my title. I went to my ultrasound appointment today and I have the results! But before I tell you, I want to keep you in suspense and tell you about my appointment first.

The very first thing I did was give a urine sample. Then they did the ultrasound before they did anything else, like blood pressure and weight. The technician asked if we wanted to find out and we said YES. At first, the baby had its hand over its private part, so the technician said let me do my measurements of the baby first and then we will go back to that. I was getting nervous thinking the baby wanted to keep its identity a secret.

She did all her measuring and printing and then explained to us everything she was seeing. She was really sweet. She said the baby was measuring just perfectly and it weighs 13.5 oz as of now. All the organs are there and we even got to see one hand with all five fingers attached. When I saw that, I cried because I was just so grateful that our baby was healthy and growing normally. She then printed out a few pictures for us to keep and went back to the private part. Now the results...it's a...

GIRL!!!!!

We are sooo excited. We have been wanting a girl and my entire family wanted a girl too, so we are all so excited. At first I was a bit shocked because everyone kept saying I'm going to have a boy and deep down I felt like it was going to be a boy, so when the technician said congratulations, it's a girl, I was in shock for a minute. It had to sink in. We have some awesome pictures. We have one where she is looking right at us and you can see her eyeball. It's kind of scary...haha. She also took a side profile picture and a picture of her private part...LOL. I can't believe how much she has grown. The doctor did an ultrasound when I was only 9 weeks and back then, she looked like a peanut, but now she looks like a human. She has a huge head.

I am so glad that finally I can say she and not it. We have already picked out a name. She will be named Alexa. We are still waiting on my mom to give us a Korean name for her middle name, but if she doesn't come up with anything cute, we might go with Lee, her maiden name. So it might be Alexa Lee Bottoms. What do yall think? I'm not too sure if it flows, but I really like Alexa. I think it's really pretty and unique. Well, not unique, but not a lot of people are named Alexa.

Alright, let me stop here before I bore you guys to death. That's the verdict!

5 comments:

Taylor said...

Darn the spammer got here before I did!

CONGRATS Mommy! I am SOOOO very excited. I wanted you and Jeremy to have a girl very badly. I knew all along that it was a girl, I just had a gut feeling. So was I the only person that said it was going to a girl?

I love the name Alex, and even better Alexa Lee. I think that is beautiful and it flows wonderful. Tristyn is so excited that she is going to have a cousin only a year apart in age. It is going to be so fun watching our girls grow up together. Can you imagine Christmas time and birthday parties five years from now? We have a fun and exciting road ahead as a family!

The saying "Daddy's little girl" is very true so be prepared for that! Jeremy is so great with Tristyn, I can only imagine how he will be with his own little baby girl.

I'm looking foward to seeing the ultrasound pictures this weekend. Have fun basking in all of the thoughts that are overwhelming you right now. Atleast that's how it was when I found out that Tristyn was a girl...I just couldn't beleive it! It took several days for it to actually sink in.

I can't wait to meet you Alexa!

PS - Everytime I try to type Alexa I end up typing 'Alea', LOL.

Taylor said...

I made a typo - I meant to say "I love the name Alexa" not Alex!

Opps :)

Ju said...

Thanks guys! I am so excited about it. Diana, I know what you mean. When we decided on Alexa, I kept second guessing myself because it will be a forever name. But I guess if she doesn't like it, she can change it...LOL.

Taylor - Alexa is already daddy's little girl. We went to Babies R Us because I wanted to buy a going home outfit and we ended up spending a lot of money. Jeremy wanted to buy one of those hats that the hospital puts on when they are born and I told him that, but he said those hats are not good enough for his little girl. Then we had to buy a layette because she will get cold when we bring her home from the hospital. And then we had to buy her a "blankie". It was so funny watching him shop. It's like he wanted everything for his little girl. Nothing was good enough...LOL.

Alea told me about Saturday and we will definitely come over after the BBQ. I will bring my u/s pics!

Diana - I would love to meet you too. I've only heard great things about you. Maybe when Alexa is born, we three mothers can meet up for lunch or something.

Kari said...

I'm Sooo excited for you!!! I was dying yesterday...not knowing, then forgot to check last night and today I was showing someone at work my site and it just hit me! OMG I have to check Ju's site!!! LOL They think I'm a freak! This blogger stuff is serious business, lol.

I love Alexa Lee! Lee is my middle name too (Kari Lee). Ian and I want to use it if we have a girl someday too.

Congratulations!!! I know you and Jermey will be great parents!! Enjoy you Pink!!!

Ju said...

Thanks Kari! Wow, I can't believe your middle name is Lee. I think that is really pretty, but I want my mom to feel like she is part of this, so I am letting her think of some Korean names. But if she can't think of anything that goes good with Alexa, then it will definitely be Lee.