Friday, September 30, 2005

First Shopping Experience

I am just so excited about having a girl that I thought I'd post another entry about my appointment yesterday. Alexa is really active. She kicks me all the time and the doctor had to chase her around because she was moving so much during the ultrasound. At one point, the technician was right above her head, and she was pushing down hard. Well just then, Alexa kicked me and as she did, the technician said whoa. I asked her, did you feel that or see that and she responded that she felt it. Then I said wow, she must have kicked pretty hard for you to feel that, and the technician told me that she didn't kick, she head butted...LOL. The technician said she doesn't think Alexa was liking what she was doing, so she head butted her...LOL. My baby is going to have a temper just like her mommy!

Also, according to the calendar, I was 21 weeks and 2 days at the time of my appointment. However, after the technician did her measurements, she said I was really 20 weeks and 6 days. She said it's no big deal and they won't change my due date because it's only a matter of three days. So far I have gained 16 pounds, which I guess is good. Every week, I check the development of my baby on babyfit.com. Well, during the 21 week, it says that the baby should weigh approximately 10.5 oz. Well, Alexa weighs 13.5 oz. What a piggie...LOL.

So after the appointment, we came home and ate dinner. Later that night, we went to Babies R Us to buy Alexa her very first outfit. Actually, it was going to be her going home from the hospital outfit. Well, after picking out an outfit, Jeremy says, we need to buy her something else because it's going to be cold in February. So we got her a layette. Then we were looking at hats and Jeremy wanted a three pack of one of those hats that the hospital puts on babies after they are born. Well, I told Jeremy we didn't need that because the hospital provides that for us, and he said he doesn't want his baby girl wearing something from the hospital. The hats will be dirty and he wants something clean for his baby. I told him the hospital is the cleanest place, and he just won't budge. So we bought the hats. Then he wanted to buy Alexa a "blankie". So we got her that too...LOL. I swear, he is going to SPOIL her.

My friend gave me really good advice. She said we should start stocking up on diapers, so that will be one less expense to worry about when I am on maternity leave. So we bought a pack of diapers and wipes. Every week or two, we plan on buying diapers and wipes. Of course, we will buy a little of the 1's and 2's so that as the baby grows, we will have diapers that will fit her. After buying that stuff, it just makes this pregnancy more real. I am so excited!!!

7 comments:

Ju said...

Hey Jennabobenna. I am due February 7.

Taylor said...

Hey Ju! It sounds like the shopping trip was really fun! Just to let Jeremy know, all of the hats and t-shirts they give you at the hospital are brand new. They will give you a million hats that are pink and blue striped and then tons and tons of plain white t-shirts. We kept Tristyn in the t-shirt and diaper the entire time she was at the hospital because it is too difficult to put them in outfits when they are first born. They are so used to being naked and free that they hate clothing! LOL!

At my baby shower that Melanie's family came to I got so many packs of diapers and wipes that I didn't have to buy any until Tristyn was like 3 months old! After trying every brand of diapers I recommend using the Pampers Swaddlers. They are in a yellow package and you can get them in Newborn, Size 1, and Size 1-2. They are the most comfortable and best fitting ones EVER! After size 1-2 I would recommend Pampers Cruisers, they are in a purple package (don't be mistaken and get the Pampers in the green package because the suck). I really like either the Johnson & Johnson baby wipes (in a pink container) or the Pampers wipes. Both of those are extremely soft.

Well, I guess that's enough advice for now! LOL! Let me know when you want to go register because I would love to go with you guys.

See you tomorrow :)

Kari said...

Congrats on a sweet girl. Pink is so fun!!!!

Oh and the hospital gave us the cutest hat ever. It was crocheted (spelling??)...We put it on Delaney for weeks after she was home since she was born in the coldest part of our winter here.

I agree with Taylor, I got a lot of newborn diapers for my shower...but its a good idea to buy a pack here and there. I'd buy bigger sizes like 2's! I love the swaddlers as well.

Hugs!

Kari said...

Sounds like so much fun!! Daddy's little girl and Mommy's little angel! She's on her way! Did you guys pick a theme for the nursery yet?

Taylor said...

I thought you were going to post the US pics!

Ju said...

I know I know! I've just been real busy with school, but I promise I'll post the pictures tonight!

Dale's Gmail said...

Hi Ju, your blog is excellent. As I was surfing around today looking for detailed info on florida wedding planning I somehow ended up on your page. As your First Shopping Experience is not exactly related to my search, I am certainly glad I stopped by. Oh well, back to surfing and I am sure I will find what I am looking for, and should you ever need information about florida wedding planning, then stop by for a look. Thanks for the post.