Sunday, September 11, 2005

Mrs. Jeremy Bottoms

Well I am back from our honeymoon and before I begin my daily life, I want to soak in my week of fun and tell you guys all about it.

Last Friday, 9/2, I picked up my family from the airport. Thank the Lord that the plane was not delayed. I was worried about that because it was Labor Day weekend and I wasn't sure how busy the airlines were going to be. After picking them up, we dropped some of them off at home and ran to the Church for the rehearsal. After the rehearsal, we went and had dinner at Kani House aka Yoshino's. It's a Japanese restaurant and it was goooood.

On Saturday, a couple of my friends came over at 6 am to help me get ready for the wedding. One of my friends, Jama, was doing all of our hairs. They looked so beautiful. We were sort of late for the pictures, but it was okay. We just took a few and took the rest after the wedding because guests were starting to arrive and I didn't want them to see me yet.

The ceremony went perfect. All my hard planning paid off. I was so nervous though. As soon as I saw the last set of attendants walk down the aisle, my knees started shaking because I knew I was up next. Walking down the aisle was a little scary. I saw my mom crying, then Jeremy's mom crying, so I started crying. Then as we were saying our vows, I started crying again. Not when I was saying them, but when Jeremy was saying them to me because they touched my heart. Jeremy was tearing up also which also touched me.

Man, I feel like it all went by so fast. It's like a blur. Everyone always told me it will be over in a snap of a finger, but I didn't think it was going to go by that fast. But it was beautiful. Everything went perfect and everything just fell into place.

Afterwards we had our reception at the Modavi Restaurant, which I was not too happy about. Sonya, the lady who has been coordinating our reception, told me that people who ordered steaks would get a chance to let them know how they want to be cooked. Well, the restaurant decided on their own that they would cook all of them medium. Not everyone eats medium. And they were bloody medium, so almost everyone asked them to cook it a little longer. What a pain. Other than that, it was pretty nice.

After the wedding, we came back to the house and dropped my family off, packed a few more things and headed off to the Stone Mountain Marriott. My co-workers got us a room there. They wanted to book us at Chateau Elan, but it was booked for that Saturday. But the Marriott was beautiful and it was a perfect wedding night...sorry guys, no details...haha.

On Sunday, we woke up early and headed off to Pompano Beach, Florida. We did so many things there. Airboat riding, buggy rides, went to Miami and Miami Beach, and other things I can't remember. We hardly had time to lay out at the pool and get ourselves a tan. We met some really nice people and it was an awesome honeymoon. We really had a great time! I will post pictures as soon as I find out how.

While in Florida, we attended some timeshare presentations. If all of you don't know, when you attend one of those presentations, you get free things. We attended one in Myrtle Beach and we got $100. We attended one Tuesday morning and got $90 and went to another one right after that and got two free tickets to the Jungle Queen dinner cruise in Fort Lauderdale and a trip to St. Thomas. We have 12 months to use that trip. It's for 5 days 4 nights. So it was well worth going to those presentations. The only thing I hate about them though is when it's time to decide if you want to make a purchase and you tell them you want to think about it, they push you and push you to try and say yes that day. Sales people, go figure.

Anyway, that was our wonderful wedding and honeymoon. I wish we can do it a hundred times over again, but eventually reality sets in and back to our lives!

3 comments:

Taylor said...

The wedding was great. I am so excited to have you as my sister-in-law ;) I was crying my eyes out too, it was a very emotional wedding with everyone crying!

Glad you and Jeremy had a good time on your trip. Talk to you soon :)

Kari said...

Congratulations MRS B! I'm glad you and Jermey had a good time and what a score with the free trip! I'm sure you'll need it once that baby's here. Sorry you're back to reality now, but we all missed you.
Hope you can get some pics up soon.:)

Taylor said...

When is your next doctors appointment?