Tuesday, September 20, 2005

Gas and Butterflies

Starting last week, I started feeling weird movements in my stomach. At first it would feel like gas, but nothing. Then it would feel like butterflies, and I would even think to myself "why am I so nervous" and realize that it is the baby. I know the doctor told me that the first initial movements would feel like gas or butterflies. Over the weekend, I actually felt a couple light kicks. I woke up one morning to feel three light kicks. I was so excited. I thought I would never feel the baby. But now I am feeling it all the time. It is very active!

So today is officially my 20th week. I am halfway there. I can't believe it has gone by so fast. Feels like I just found out yesterday that I am pregnant. Next Thursday is my ultrasound appointment. I get to find out what we are having. Jeremy wants a girl, but deep down I feel like it is going to be a boy. Whatever it is, we just hope we have a healthy baby.

As for married life, I thought our relationship wouldn't feel any different since Jeremy and I have been living together for a long time now, but we feel more love for each other and our relationship feels more concrete. It's a nice feeling. I feel like I have more responsibilities though. I should cook more, clean more, things like that.

So now that our wedding is over with, we need to start concentrating on the baby. I think when I am around 25-30 weeks, we are going to start really putting the nursery together. Once we find out the sex of the baby is when we are going to start buying things. We haven't bought anything yet. Our friend, who had a baby last year, gave us a ton of stuff and one of Jeremy's aunts bought us a couple of pacies and a pull down toy that plays music, but other than that, we haven't bought anything. I am excited though. I would go to the store and see something and be so tempted, but can't buy it because it's so gender distinguished. I have been using cocoa butter lotion on my stomach, but I've heard from many that stretch marks are hereditary and I've also been playing music for the baby. Jeremy and I fight about how soft or loud we should have it. I put it on loud thinking the music has to travel through my skin and my organs to reach the baby, but Jeremy puts it on so low that I can't even hear it.

He is so excited about the baby. My stomach is starting to get real hard and when you press on it, you can actually feel the baby. One morning Jeremy pushed on my stomach and he said the baby is right here and he was so excited. When he felt the baby, he said it feels like Christmas. He is going to be a great dad.

The next time I report is when I find out the sex. September 29 at 2:45. So excited!!!

6 comments:

Taylor said...

Hey sweetie. I was so excited to read your post about the baby. I have been wondering how you have been doing and I'm glad to hear that things are going great.

That is so awesome that you can feel the baby moving. Once it starts getting more intense and you actually see your belly move it will freak you out! After I gave birth to Tristyn I actually missed that feeling - it's something so special that you will never forget for your entire life.

I was just talking to my neighbor sboout how you find out next week what the sex is. I am so excited! Please call us and let us know after your appointment! I am looking forward to knowing what Tristyn's first cousin will be!!

It's going to be here before you know it Ju. I cannot wait. We all have so much to look forward to.

Hope to hear from you soon. Give that belly a pat from me Auntie Tay, Cousin Tris, and Uncle Josh!

Love you girl!

Kari said...

I'm so excited for you! Can't wait to hear how Thursday turns out! I'm sure I'll be checking your blog all night in total suspense!

Kari said...

That is by far the best feeling, I really do miss it!

Kari said...

Can't wait to hear how the Dr.'s appt. goes!
Thinking of you and the new baby Bottoms today...:)

Ju said...

Thanks Diana! I am going to post it right now.

Taylor said...

I am waiting to read your post about the ultrasound and all of the details! If you can, take a picture of your ultrasound pictures with your camera so we can see!!!!!