Tuesday, January 08, 2013

Back to Life, Back to Reality

After spending two weeks in CT with my family, I am back in GA; back to life, back to reality.  I have spent the past weekend unpacking, doing laundry, cleaning, and rearranging furniture.  I feel like I am now somewhat back to my normal routine.  I have been experimenting with  my camera a bit, and with the help of a few internet photography 101 websites, I have started becoming more comfortable with my ever so confusing, too many buttons than necessary, camera.  I have actually enjoyed using some of the features I have learned, and have taken some really cute photos!

Like I predicted, I received a sewing machine from my MIL for Christmas...Little House on the Prairie here I come...LOL!  Nah...Pinterest helps me to not look so old for owning a sewing machine...HAHA!  I am very excited about all the projects I have pinned.  I cannot wait to get started on them.  Here are some of the things I plan on completing this year:

-  Fabric headboard for our bed
-  Pictures of the kids on canvas
-  Wall bookshelf in the playroom

I cannot wait to get started!!  But I do need my husband for some of these projects.  I hate waiting on him, but here are a few problems I will face if I attempt to do it alone:

-  I would NOT know what to buy at Home Depot...I might even get lost in there
-  I would probably puncture more holes than necessary when trying to hang things
-  I would NOT know what tools to use to accomplish the task
-  And last but not least, my husband is OCD when it comes to hanging things STRAIGHT.

So needless to say, I will have to give my husband some of the credit on the projects I complete this year.  But they were all MY ideas!!!

No comments: