Monday, May 22, 2006

Hating It, But Loving It All At The Same Time

I hate that Jeremy and Alexa are in Florida and I am stuck home working all week. I hate that I come home to an empty house. I miss them soooo much. I cannot wait till they come home. On the other hand, I am loving the fact that I can come and go as I please. I don't have to wait for Jeremy to get home so I can run to the store real quick or having to wake up at 5 in the morning to feed Alexa.

They are having a great time down there. Jeremy was thinking about coming home early because he thought it was too hot for Alexa, but said she is doing extremely well. He took her out to the ocean and she cried because it was too cold. I hate that I am missing my daughter's first beach experience, but we will be taking a mother-daughter trip in July. We are going up to CT to visit my parents. I am extremely excited about that. My parents cannot wait to see her!

This past Saturday, I went to a fair with a friend. At the fair, there were tons of booths that sold personalized baby stuff. I bought a canvas with Alexa's name painted on it for her front door; a butterfly with two ribbons hanging from the wings for her hair bows, also with her name painted on it; a pink growth chart; a puzzle that spells out Alexa so that we can teach her how to spell her name; and a onesie that reads "Handmade By God". I can't wait till Jeremy gets home so that he can hang up all that stuff for me.

Hope everyone had a great Monday!

9 comments:

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

{{HUGS}} It is definitely a love/hate thing when the house is all to yourself.

Just make the most of it!

Kendra Lynn said...

Sounds like you are doing okay...I understand liking the alone time, but missin' the family. Its tough bein' a mommy. :)

Tammy Williams said...

Man, I want one of those onsies. That is so precious! I should look online to see if I can find one.

I know how you feel about being away from your husband. It must be doubly worse to have your little angel away with him. Hopefully you will see him soon enough.

Linda said...

Aww, I can see how this time would be so bittersweet. They will be home before you know it though. ;)

That stuff sounds so adorable. I love personalized stuff for my girls too!!

Choppzs said...

Awww, I bet it does suck!! Just enjoy the time you have and try not to think about it to much. Or at least not every second!! lol

Your goodies for Alexa sound very cute!! It'll be nice to see them up and decorated!

Tammy Williams said...

PS. Do you know what happend to Diana's blog? I can't seem to get into it anymore - it takes me to another site. Both her personal blog and the baby steps one are out of sight for me. Any help??

Me said...

Wow, how long they gone for? I think I'd miss them tons too! But this time alone is most definitely good for you!

I love it when I find such cute things too. You just want to get them all up to see :)

islandarts said...

isn't if funny that when you finally have some time to yourself, all you can think about is the little nipper???
sometimes I want to kick myself LOL but it's part of being a mom I guess.

Choppzs said...

Just wanted to let you know that I am not blogging anymore for right now, so if you go to my link, it's someone else's blog already!! lol Hopefully this is only temporary!! But I will keep commenting and checking everyone elses, so don't forget me!! lol