Thursday, April 13, 2006

Drawing a Blank

It seems like there is nothing for me to blog about these days. No exciting stories to tell, no funny jokes to share. My birthday went well. My husband took me to our favorite restaurant. It's a seafood restaurant and they have the best sushi! It never fails, but every time we go out to eat, Alexa cries. Either one of us is trying to console her or taking her outside because her cries get louder and louder.

We just got pictures back from Olan Mills. We got a huge canvas one where the background is a blown up picture of her (very faint) and then there is a sharp picture of her in a box on the left side of the canvas. She's naked in both of them, and the one in the box has a pink blanket over her. It looks really good. We are going to hang that one over the mantle.

As for my diet, I haven't lost a pound. I've been going to the gym a lot these past couple of days, but I cannot seem to say no to the foods I love. What's the point of working out if afterwards I'm going to eat a meal from McDonald's? I really need to focus and really devote myself to eating right and working out so that I can look good by September. Jeremy's cousin and my friend back home are both getting married in September, so I want to look good for that. That is my target.

Anyway, glad I am getting a three day weekend! Everyone have a great Easter!

9 comments:

Taylor said...

You have an interesting life, I'm sure you have plenty to blog about! You didn't even tell us about your birthday celebration over the weekend! Or the trip to the flea market! LOL!

So I won't see Alexa at all tomorrow? Are you guys going to the Easter thing on Saturday?

MarylandMommy said...

Happy Easter!

Me said...

I had a huge bout there where I didn't have ziltch going on. Not that I do now either :)

I haven't gotten pics from Olan Mills yet but I've been wanting to try them. So you're happy with what you got??

Have a good 3-day weekend! I get one too :)

Kari said...

Happy Easter to you too!

Do you have a scanner so we can see the beautiful new pics of Alexa?

Have a great 3 day weekend!

Choppzs said...

I think it is a universal baby thing for them to scream their brains out in public. What's up with that?? lol Seth decides to do the same thing when we go out too. Either that, or whenever he is with just daddy he behaves like a little angel and when he is with me he screams. Go figure!

Hope your Easter holiday is fun and I want to see the pics of Alexa that you had done, they sound cute!!

Tina M said...

Happy belated Birthday!!

See, you just thought you didn't have anything to blog about. You managed a whole post!! There is ALWAYS something to say even if you don't think so. ;)

Hoppy Easter

Tammy Williams said...

I would love to see those pictures. I bet they are so cute!

Jeremy thinks that we will have a baby who doesn't cry at all. I keep telling him to GET REAL....haha.

islandarts said...

I'm with you on the working out/diet thingy. I worked out for 2 months before I lost anything and then BOOM the pounds started dropping off. Of course If I could keep my face out of the fridge I'd be stick thin by now.

Baby steps.

Linda said...

I am with you on the willpower thing. I am terrible. I am going to start exercising again this week and start watching what I eat too.

I also have a September goal. We are supposed to go on vacation with my SIL and stepbrother. She just lost a ton of weight after having her 2nd baby and looks fabulous. So, I don't want to look too terrible next to her.