Sunday, December 31, 2006

First Birthday

So yesterday we celebrated Alexa's first birthday. Her birthday was actually the 29th, but we had her party yesterday. We only invited the immediate family because our apartment is small, but it was very nice. Her theme was flowers and butterflies. It worked out great like that because that was the theme of her nursery in our old house. She was a bit cranky because she did not feel too well. The day before, she went for her first year checkup and received three shots, so she was running a fever and with my mom catering to her every need, she is very spoiled! Anyway, we ate, opened presents and had cake. Alexa did not go too crazy with the cake. She put her fingers in it, but just looked at her fingers. I had to put her fingers in her mouth, but even then she really did not eat it. Here are a few pictures from the party.





















I bought Alexa a tiara that says 1 on it. She looked so cute with it on! That's me, my sister, my mom and birthday girl.





















In Korea, it's a tradition for kids and adults to wear these outfits during special occasions like weddings and birthdays. Since first birthdays are considered as a special occasion, my mother bought Alexa an outfit and she wore it (just for pictures).





















Me and my birthday princess.

My SIL helped me put together a slideshow that shows Alexa from birth to now. It came out so great. The only thing that didn't work right is the song we downloaded for the show. It was protected and we were not allowed to use it. So we used Kenny Chesney's Me and You. It came out so well! Everything turned out great!

In other news...we bought a house! So excited to get out of this tiny apartment. We converted the dining room into Alexa's play room because she got so many toys for Christmas and her birthday. In the new house, there is a bonus room that we are going to turn into a play room. I can't wait to move in. Hope everyone had a great Christmas and a Happy New Year!

6 comments:

Taylor said...

Alexa's party was great. I cannot believe my little niece is 1!

Happy Birthday Lexy-Loo!

Kari said...

You guys look beautiful! Happy Birthday Alexa!

Wendy aka Cheeky said...

YEAH!!! on the new house and HAPPY BELATED BIRTHDAY ALEXA!!

I love the traditional outfit - very cool!!

Happy New Year!

Choppzs said...

Happy Birthday Alexa! She's so big, I can't believe a year has already passed by! It's crazy! Baby Boy turns 1 in a couple weeks too! NUTS!! SHe's such a cutie!

Me said...

You guys are so cute!! Happy 1st birthday little girl!!!!

Congrats on the new house!!! How exciting and fun! Can't wait to see pictures!

Linda said...

Happy 1st Birthday to Alexa!! She is so gorgeous, just like her mommy!!

Congratulations on the new house. That's very exciting news!!